Friday, June 24, 2005

Why I don't like Oprah

French Luxury Store Apologizes to Oprah

Hermes has to apologize to Oprah for not letting her and her entourage into a store after closing time, and Oprah's planning on accusing them of racism - "her Crash moment" - as described by her producer.

Hermes ties are the only ones I wear for business and I look forward to buying a few more in the near future. I keep looking for one in what I call "George Bush blue".

In addition:

Winfrey's Chicago-based Harpo Productions confirmed that the daytime diva canceled a recent order for one of Hermès' Birkin bags following the incident. The exclusive purses can cost as much as $6,500, and Winfrey reportedly already owns a dozen of them.

The poor littly piggy got turned away from the trough becuase feeding time was over. Too too bad. I'm white and considerably well off and I still feel uncomfortable walking into a Hermes store. They're French for chrissake. You're supposed to feel unwelcome.

Just for laughs - Tom Cruise Kills Oprah

No comments: