Monday, December 03, 2007

NPR has it's annual Hanukkah Lights: Stories of the Season up for 2007.  I don't think they're downloadable for some reason, but I'm going to try to listen to one each night before bed time.



From Dec 4-12, XM Radio is providing free trial access so that you can herar it's Radio Hanukkah - XM 108.

Funniest "Christmas" story ever.   Lemony Snicket's The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming



Don Imus is back on the air at WABC.  I listened to about a half an hour of his show and it was just as boring as it it ever was.  I think WABC really f*cked up with this one.  I really enjoyed the occasional Curtis & Kuby in the morning to get my NY fix.

In a rare venture out to an actual movie theater, we saw Disney's "Enchnated" with the girls.  I would highly recommend it - actually for adults more than children since it's really a send-up of classic Disney movies and smaller kids may not be in on the joke.  The best part was when we came to the typical "prince kisses the sleeping princess" scene towards the end of the movie.  The theater is silent, anticipating the big moment we've waited an hour and a half for - will she wake up, or won't she? - when my 4 year old lets out the biggest, loudest yawn I've ever heard.  Everyone started cracking up.  Thank G-d it was a Disney movie or they would have chased us out with pitchforks!

No comments: