Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Crime in Dallas is so bad....that a film crew from a local news team parked in a south Dallas neighborhood to do a story about a victim of an armed robbery...and had their van broken into.

Lost - box of depleted uranium somewhere in the Fort Worth area.  Not to worry.  A man found it on a roadway and took it to his house.  "The man's wife saw news reports this morning about the device and call 911".  Add a check to the "female" column for which is the smarter sex.  Jeez.  Maybe my wife won't complain the next time I track a little mud into the kitchen.  I'm wondering which part of "Caution - Radioactive Material" the husband didn't understand.

Usually, I find latkes very hard to make - they keep falling apart or I make a huge mess with the frying.  Last night I followed this recipe in the December issue of Gourmet magazine and they came out excellent as far as shape and texture.  Could have used a little more salt and pepper though.



My 7 year old daughter asked me for either a Webkinz pet or a laptop computer for Hannukah.  Guess which one I got for her?



Better luck next year, kid.

Someone please explain something to me.  If the new NIE suggesting that Iran had stopped it's nuclear weapons program in 2003 is proof that a previous NIE from 2005 was wrong - what makes this one so definitively correct?  One would think this would throw doubt on the subject, but instead, the latest report is being taken as gospel.  Is it just because it bolsters the pacifist cause?  NIE's are either based on good intelligence or they're not.  Are Democrats now ready to admit that the Bush administration has bolstered our intelligence capabilites which was one of their main claims that Bush had not done post 9/11?  What a bunch of political bullsh*t this is.

No comments: