Tuesday, December 26, 2006

For anyone who's not familiar with Dulce de Leche, it's a totally addictive caramel-like spread. The article has recipes. As the article says, if you buy it, you should try to get a good brand like La Salamandra or La Pataia.

**********
My folks are in Israel for the first time in their lives (their in their early 60's). Needless to say, they're predicting snow starting tonight throughout the country and generally cold weather for the rest of the week. I'm so upset for them!

Meanwhile, the 61st post "cease-fire" rocket has hit Sderot and other places in southern Israel. My folks won't be going there.

Ehud Olmert has met with Palestinian Chairman Abbas and has decided to release $100mm in funds, open roadblocks and possibly release prisoners. This seems more like a move to convince Palestinians to back Fatah over Hamas as opposed to any step forward for peace. I sure don't feel that my parents are any safer because of this.

No comments: