Friday, February 24, 2006

Another case of Islamophobia, no doubt.

Sania Mirza doesn't want to ruffle any more feathers.

After the controversy over her dress code, the 19-year-old tennis star has refused to pair up with Israeli tennis player Shahar Pe'er in the doubles tournament of the Dubai Open for fear of violent protests by India's Islamic community.

Mirza initially agreed to play with Pe'er, but later retracted, telling Pe'er that, "It's best that we don't play together this time to prevent protests against my cooperation with an Israeli. There is no reason to arouse the ire of the Indian Muslims."


Because offending Jews usually doesn't result in doesn't get anybody killed.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

since some months I read your blog regular - but no new entries since weeks - I hope everthing is allright with you - hmm & of course I don't want to urge you - I'll just keep visiting this place from time to time

Howard said...

Thanks for the comment - I was just blogged out for awhile.