Sunday, August 28, 2005

Two heroes save an unknown number of innocent civilians from death at the hands of a Palestinian terrorist.

Guards save dozens in Beersheba blast

A suicide bomb attack at the entrance to the central bus station in Beersheba critically wounded two security guards Sunday morning and caused a total of 48 people to be evacuated to the Soroka Medical Center.

The two security guards in their 20's who prevented the suicide bomber from getting onto a bus were in serious condition at Soroka University Medical Center on Sunday.

Both their lives are still in danger after suffering burns and shrapnel wounds. One of the guards underwent surgery for his wounds, while the other had shrapnel in his eyes.


I pray for their speedy recovery.

Thank G-d also for the sharp Israeli bus driver who sent the terrorist away.

The bomber had aroused the suspicions of the driver of a crowded Number 9 bus. Asked by the bomber if his bus went to Soroka, the driver directed him to another area, then alerted security guards, who pursued the attacker until he set off the bomb. The explosion critically injured one of the guards. The other was listed in serious but stable condition.

Initial investigations suggested that the bomber had intended to blow up at the Soroka Medical Center, Channel 2 reported.

Read what a Palestinian doctor had to say about Soroka after the last attempt to attack the hospital.

Gaza doctor fumes over bomb plot at Soroka

I've decided that every time I hear about a terroist attack in Israel I will donate some amount to either One Family Fund or another organziation dedicated to healing the physically and psychologically wounded. A site to donate to American Friends of Soroka Hospital is here.

UPDATE: Baruch Hashem - Beersheba bombing 'heroes' recovering

Although they both suffered serious burns, shrapnel wounds and other damage and were in unstable condition during the 24 hours after being admitted to Soroka, both have undergone surgery and are stable and out of danger.

1 comment:

Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

I've been "huz la'aretz" for some time now. My wife and I are on a trip to the U.S. but my heart remains firmly implanted in Israeli soil. Please let me know how I, too, can donate some money to one of the charity org's you deem important(I know there are probably many). My email is enigmnan81@hotmail.com and my blog is "HearOhIsrael.blogspot.com"