Monday, February 21, 2005

You know, it's always been kind of hard for me to describe why I maintain this blog. It doesn't get more than a couple dozen hits daily, hasn't made the national press and does indeed take some time away from my family. There is though, that certain high I get when someone posts a comment or sends me an e-mail based on something I've written.

I now realize that it's a sexual type of high that these reponses give me. Well, it's kind of like....well I'll let Bill Keller, executive editor of The New York Times, describe it for me.

“A blog is still a view of the world through a pinhole,” he said, noting that it can sometimes fall as low as being a “one man circle jerk.”

That's why the man's a big time journalist - I never would have thought of it quite that way.

No comments: