Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Speaking of sports, is there anything more New York Jewish than being hand-wringingly concerned about the fate of our local teams? I figure it's time to add a little more sports content both to my life and to the blog.

I was walking through the mall a few days ago and as I passed by the various athletic-wear stores, I thought I might want to by an "authentic" jersey - any sport would do. Then I got to thinking, which athlete's name and number could I proudly wear on my back? I couldn't really think of one - so I didn't buy anything. If I do eventually get something it will probably be generic or I'll put my own name on it.

News of the week that matters to me is that the Knicks have gone out and gotten Stephon Marbury and Anfernee Hardaway in a huge trade with Phoenix. There has been little joy in Knickland for several years and I'm pretty excited about the possibilities. Unfortunately, the 10-23 Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Knicks tonight, or as the Times so aptly puts it - New Look, Old Story

No comments: